cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM - Required Field on Approval

scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Using JSM 4.16 on Data Center, looking for a way to have the approver provide an answer to a required field on approval. Is there a way to have a pop-up screen on approval requiring the field (via ScripRunner Behaviours maybe) and a comment?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hi @scott_boisvert

did you make sure to display the transition screen in the portal by checking the option "Show transition on the customer portal."?

It is better explained on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/configuring-the-customer-portal-939926277.html

Some discussion around this, especially when debug is needed, I found here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Show-transition-on-the-customer-portal-option-not-visible-on/qaq-p/643221

Please do let us know what you have found out.

Regards,
Daniel

scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers ,

So I can see the transition on the portal, what I can't do is get a field to display on the comment screen that pops up. I have requirement for reporter/participant to answer 1 or 2 questions before closing.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

Hi @scott_boisvert 

You can use a screen with that field and use it as a transition screen on the approval transition and use a workflow validator (Script Validator if you have ScriptRunner) to check for the required field.

I hope it helps.

Ravi 

scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ Tried adding the transition screen. It doesn't display in the portal though. 

Like David Harkins likes this
David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2023

@scott_boisvert did you manage to find a solution to your requirement?

I am in need of the same.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events