Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSDC How to copy a Next-gen project to a new project

Loïc D_HALLUIN August 21, 2020

Hello,

I would like  to use parameters ( demande type, Workflow, SLA, ...) to create a new project.
Is it possible in next-gen project ?

In creation screen,  I found a box to shared parameters, but i can't see my existing's projet (see screenshot)

thanks for your help

Have a nice day

Project création by copy.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

Hi @Loïc D_HALLUIN , welcome to the Community. Next-gen and Classic are quite different and as such you can’t reference a NG project when creating a Classic project. You would need to recreate the desired aspects of NG in your Classic project.

Loïc D_HALLUIN August 21, 2020

Hello  @Jack Brickey ,

Thank for your reply.

Sorry, my question was not clearly asked, i try to do it better.

My goal : is to create a NG project with the copy of setting ( Request type, Workflow, SLA, ...) of an other of my NG project.
Not possible ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

I see. Unfortunately, as yet, there is not means to make a copy of a NG project. However, you might check for possible addons, e.g. deep-clone-for-jira . I do not use this and am unsure if it covers NG or not. I would also suggest perusing the Marketplace for other options as well.

Loïc D_HALLUIN August 24, 2020

Hi @Jack Brickey
Thank you for your answer.
I'll dig the subject.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2020

Hi @Loïc D_HALLUIN , hi @Jack Brickey ,

Thank you for mentioning Deep Clone for Jira@Jack Brickey .

It's indeed possible to clone from classic to Next-gen project with Deep Clone.

@Loïc D_HALLUIN don't hesitate to contact our support if you have questions or feedback about our Marketplace app.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events