Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD cloud: add "request participant" via JSON

felix.weber November 3, 2020

Hi there,

I have checked the community already and found some entries on the same issue.

It seems an easy setup:

The "Edit issue" function let's you add a json under "additional fields" without selecting something using the drop down. Here we use:

JiraAutomation_AddParticipant.png

However the request participant filled won´t be field with anything - without any errors so I am not sure where to start troubleshooting (FYI I have no experience with JSON so just adapted the information from other issues and made sure to close all brakets ) 

btw at absolut best the user should be something within smart value! However need to know format used in case you suggest something ;)

cheers

Felix

2 answers

0 votes
Carissa Crittenden February 17, 2021

Were you ever able to get this to work? I'm attempting to do something similar and not having any luck.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

Hi @felix.weber ,

The way you are doing it looks good. A smart value wont work imo as you want to "add" and not just "set"

As your audit log doesn't show any errors, the structure of your JSON should be correct (otherwise it would complain about the wrong format or a non-valid JSON)

If this is a real world example tho, could you try adding it using the email-address of the user? Within Cloud I tend to see that users are only properly resolved when the userid is used (and that would be the email address)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events