• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JSD Spinner is spinning for ever and Images are not loading

Hello everyone,

I installed a fresh version of JSD in my existing Jira Server Instance and I'm having some strange issues with it. When I access a new Service Desk, no Images are shown:Screenshot 2020-09-28 121623.png

And when i try to go into a category, there comes the loading spinner, which will stay for ever until i reload the page manually:

Screenshot 2020-09-28 121705.png

Even reloading with disabled cache, or another with another Browser doesnt work.

I get the following Errors in the Chrome-Dev-Console:

Screenshot 2020-09-28 122637.png

But now there is a strange behaviour: When I select a Network Profile in Chrome, e.g. "Fast 3G", or even "Slow 3G", everything works as expected.

2 answers

0 votes

HI @HerrTxbias ,

When you mention that on a different network profile it works fine does that include the images?

As it is a fresh install I might suggest removing the module and re-installing/uploading it. You can always check the logs too to see if everything was enabled properly or if there was any issue during the installation.

Also a bit "dumb" maybe but in my experience a reboot of your server instance/restart of the jira service often cleans up these weird behaviors too..

Hi,

using a different Network Preset in Chrome does include the images, so everything works as expected.

I already reinstalled the module multiple times, as well as rebooted the instance multiple times. None of it worked.

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Sep 28, 2020

Very strange..

I'm guessing you also tried a different browser? If this is only with Chrome and with specific presets we might need to look in to the browser version/flavor.

Do your tomcat logs state anything either? The 404's are weird but I would expect them to appear then on any network profile/all browsers

I've tried it on multiple Browser and even on multiple computers. Still the same strange issue.

I think I've checked all important logfiles, but I didn't found any error message, that could be the reason for this

Fahad Siddiqui Community Leader Sep 28, 2020

@HerrTxbias can you please check any add-on needs update? or its been expired. 

@Fahad Siddiqui Everything is up-to-date

Are you using a reverse proxy in front of your installation? Perhaps that is filtering out some things.. 

If so, make sure to add a connector so you can bypass it and try that way.

If there is no clear/obvious reason for this (and I hate to do this) but I think you'll have to open a call with Support (https://support.atlassian.com)

They'll ask for your support.zip and perhaps they can find the culprit..

Yes, there is a nginx reverse proxy running in front of it.

I've now created a second connector on a different port, and there it seems to work, without a reverse proxy. 

Do you know where I can check, what's getting filtered out by nginx? (This would also explain, why the Mobile App for Jira isn't working)

Aha progress!

I'm not familiar with nginx myself so I'll have to point you to some documentation.

This article on how to customize the url was posted recently so i hope this can help you out.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-articles/Customise-Jira-Service-Desk-Portal-URL-for-Server-and-Data/ba-p/1491599 

I'd be happy to help you search but then we'd need your nginx configuration and i'm not sure you'd want to share that :)

So I did some checks.

I've now migrated to HAProxy as a reverse proxy and everything is working as expected there. So it seems like there is an issue with my nginx config, or it's nginx in general, I dunno.

But thank you for your help!

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Sep 29, 2020

Great!

Glad I could point you in the right direction! I'm personally not familiar with the drawbacks of using nginx vs HAproxy vs apache as a reverse proxy but if you don't notice any issues anymore or experience a performance hit it sounds like a "if it aint broken don't fix it type of situation" :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you