Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD Customer portal request types to custom fields

Himanshu Nanda November 8, 2020

Hi - For JSD Customer portal request types / groups, is there a way to link the selected request type to a field other than the issue type?

Say I have a project with only issue type 'incident'. And the request types I show my customers are Incident 'categories' (which is a custom field in my project) - like h/w issue, n/w issue, etc.

Is there a way to link that request type to this custom field? If not directly by JSD (unexpected), then maybe with a plugin?

1 answer

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2020

Hii @Himanshu Nanda ,

Is "Hidden fields with preset values" an option for you? That you include the categories field per request type and fill it with the relevant value.

Regards, Marco

Himanshu Nanda November 9, 2020

Hi Marco,

I guess that option is to default a field's value automatically without showing it on the portal, right?

I'm trying to find a link between a selected "request types" that a customer would see on the UI - to a custom field. Dynamically, i.e. as per selection.

Like request type R1 = custom field value V1, similarly R2 would be V2

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2020

Hi @Himanshu Nanda ,

That option is indeed to default a field's value automatically without showing it on the portal. After the issue is created the value of the field is well shown on the portal.

When you want that the user see the custom field bij creating the issue maybe you can use the add-on Extensions by Deviniti.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Best, Marco

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events