Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JS/JSM question around Priority

Anthony Wilson December 12, 2022

Hello,

This seem a relatively simple question, but I cant find a solution, perhaps there isn’t one. 

Issue:

Is there away to display the description alongside the priority in the picklist., in a request type?  Why am I asking, its about improving the customer readability 'tis all. 

Example:

Example:   High            Serous problem that could block progress

Medium      Hs a potential to affect progress

Anthony

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Anthony Wilson ,

You can add it them in your request type field descriptions

i.e. Go to JSM project settings --> Request type --> Click on the category and then on the Request type where you need this info to be displayed. 

Then on the Request form section, click on the Priority field and you get description section

You can use styling as described in https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-confluence-wiki-markup/ for the request form field description

image.png

This is how my form looks after adding description
image.png

Anthony Wilson December 12, 2022

Thanks for such a quick response, Rilwan.

Though I might need to explain myself better.

Go to JSM Project Setting à Select Issues à then select Priorities, under Issue Feature.  See below screen grab.

What I am trying to achieve is when the Customer chooses a priority (request type) it will show the corresponding description. At the moment, it shows Highest, High Medium etc, with no corresponding description. It leaves the customer guessing the definition.

Hope this helps.

Anthony

Priorities screen grab.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Anthony Wilson 

Description what you showed will not by default display for request type forms. You need to add them manually for each request forms

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

@Anthony Wilson -

I agreed with what @Rilwan Ahmed stated by adding description into your Request Type configuration for the field(s) in question.  Here are few other links that you can refer to for the setup -

Hope this also helps you.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Anthony Wilson December 13, 2022

Thank you all :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL