Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL to filter operational categorization on tier 1 and 2

John Mustac October 7, 2020

Is there a way to use JQL to filter issues by operational categorization using both tier 1 and tier 2 fields? its seems to only allow targeting the tier 1 value.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

Hi John, can you explain tier 1 and 2 here? Maybe an example?

Hi Jack,

Sure. You know how this field is a cascading list, tier 1 or level 1 is set to say 'Configuration' and tier 2 or level 2 is set to 'Firewall' (these are default option examples in JSD server).

So using this categorization i have lots of issues with different categories. 

I want to use JQL to filter specific categorizations. When i build the JQL search filter it seems to only reference the tier 1 selection, but i was hoping to be able to incorporate both levels.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

So then you are referring to a select list cascading field. The way it is working on Cloud is that when you use in JQL it lists out each combination separated by a hyphen. For example if I have T1 as states and T2 as cities the I would see...

New York - Albany, New York - New York, New York - Syracuse, ...

so I’m seeing Every valid combination of T1 - T2

ok thanks i see that in the basic query builder; i was trying to type that into teh advanced part but now see it will look something like this in advanced  "Operational categorization[Select List (cascading)]" in cascadeOption(10652, 10653).

thanks. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events