Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIra security vulnerabilities

Prachi Agarwal January 21, 2019

Hi Team,

Our IT team has found a security exception issue with the this URL: https://jira.lenovo.com/secure/popups/UserPickerBrowser.jspa

As we noticed, this URL isn’t asking for a login and is exposing the customer content as is (with PII information). Since our JIRA instance is open to public, it is facing a bigger security threat. Please advise on a fix asap.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2019

Log in as an admin, and go to "global permissions" in the administration screens.

Find the line that says "Browse users: anyone" and click delete underneath it.

As you have a system open to the internet and one of your administrators has thought it's ok to use "anyone", I'd strongly recommend that you review all of your permission schemes as well as global permissions, and check that "anyone" is only used for read-only access to the projects you really do want to be totally public.

Tobias Riede December 15, 2020

Dear @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

thank u for ur explanation. If i change this option, it´s no longer possible, that costumer marks me with the @ in commentar field. Is there an other option or did i missed an permission?

Hallo @IT TEAM23 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

No, that's the whole point of being able to turn it off.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events