JIRA  feature ‘Notifications’ bug

蒲彬 September 20, 2020

Hi     I met a problem about JIRA  feature ‘Notifications’, hope you can help me.    I configured the notifications in a TEST-project, but I cannot got email no matter where I configure the mail in Group/Single Email Address/Sigle User. I found that the  mail 'kaifa_jira@163.com' didn't send mail to those email address.  Only the reporter / project leader can get the notificeation emails. It's strange. Can you help me?

1 answer

2 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

@蒲彬 the best way to find out the exact problem is you need to go in notification schemes then select the notification helper from there you can find out the exact problem why the email notifications are not been triggered to user.

蒲彬 September 21, 2020

As you can see, I have tested yet. But I still cannot get the email after someone commented

image.png

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

@蒲彬  as a test can you try with another user please.

蒲彬 September 21, 2020

But if the issue 'Request participants' to account roseceshi, I can get the email.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2020

Ok.. please go under user and roles then in 

Notifications

and change the settings as below

Issue Commented 

• All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter
  • User Custom Field Value (Request participants)
蒲彬 September 21, 2020

Sorry, maybe I did not describe clearly, I mean if I add the test user to 'Request participants', I can get the email, but how can I send the Issue Commented email to some user's email if I didn't add the user to 'Request participants'?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

Bear in mind that if the system is configured to send email to a set of people, and one person in the set gets the email and another does not, then the problem is not with Jira.  It is sending the emails to everyone in that set (except maybe the person who triggered it, if they have "email me on my own changes" turned off). 

If a set of people should get an email, then if any of them get the mail, the people who do not have an email system problem, not a Jira one.

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
蒲彬 September 21, 2020

And, I didn't change the setting  as 'User Custom Field Value (Request participants)' before, but I still can get the email when I add the user to 'Request participants', This confused me.

I just want to send the notification email to a group whom the user in  this group was not added to 'Request participants'.

蒲彬 September 21, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  I know your mean, but in fact, no one gets the email in that group, not only one 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

Ok.  But you said one account does get mail.  That tells me that Jira is able to send the mails.  You'll need to debug people's email accounts to find out where the mails are going.

蒲彬 September 21, 2020

I use the same email to receive the mail, if I add it to the notification group, it cannot get the mail,but if I add it to 'Request participants',  it can get the mail, so I think my email is no problem, right?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2020

@蒲彬  do others members of that notification group receive email? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2020

Yes, that means email is being sent and received.

I think we could do with a view of the rule(s) that say your "same email" should be notified (similar to your screenshot for roseceshi - but two copies - one when they're not getting email and one when they are)

However, there's one other thing to check - can the user see the issue when they are not a participant?

蒲彬 September 23, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  I have some questions. If I add some users to their organization, such as 'test-team',  all users in this organization can get an email when the issue creator or other commented?   right?

But my situation is the user in this organization only gets only one email. And then  Even if someone has commented the user cannot get more email anymore. Bu the way, all users have got notifications. see below images.

image.png

the user in organization can get below email, so I thin their email is no problem. 

image.png

see below, the user has set get notification already. but still cannot get any notification email

image.png

蒲彬 September 23, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui no one get email in that group. I can be sure that all mailboxes are normal, because they can get the below email, but after that, even if someone commented,  all members can not get any mail anymore even they have already set 'get notifications.

image.pngimage.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2020

I'm afraid I am lost now.  You're jumping around between two different ways to notify people and not really answering half the questions we're asking.

Could you step back and tell us only:

• What notifications you expect a single user to get
  • What type of account that user holds (customer or jira user)
  • What route you are expecting the notification to happen over (is it a service-desk email channel or a Core/Software email notification?)
  • Whether this user is getting any other email from Jira, and what it is if they are

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events