Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Tickets not properly dispositioning

Devin Johnson June 24, 2022
  • The Your Work tab not showing waiting on support status once a response is provided to the client and they respond back. In other words, it only appears when it is a new ticket.
  • Responses back to clients not updating the appropriate status
  • Random automation from a response from me changing the status of a case improperly 

Here is a Loom recording showing the issues:

https://www.loom.com/share/6e865793d7f94c5fb203b77eab331fbf

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2022

Hello @Devin Johnson ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I checked out the video you attached and noticed that the project settings are not visable in the navigation pane on the left side indicating that you are not a project admin,  to access the Automation rules you will need to be added as an admin as covered in:

Next, it looks like you most likely have an automation rule set up similar to what is described in the following doc and community thread, so I would recommend reaching out to your local admin to check out the behavior or add you as a project admin so you can review the automation rules on the project:

Or possibly something similar to what is covered in the following Automation playground example, but instead of triggering the rule when the customer replies it is triggering when any user adds a comment as the rule is missing the Initiator is a customer "user condition":

Please let me know if you are able to gain access to the automation rules from your local admin and if you have any additional questions about the requirements for the rule you are trying to configure.

Regards,
Earl

Devin Johnson July 6, 2022

I have to refresh my screen when I send a comment back to a client to see the status change. None of those things you mentioned applied to my issue. I will try to replicate in a different browser again as well

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events