Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Status doesn't update after approval unless reload

Victor DeVore September 16, 2020

Hello,

This is a recent issue that popped up.  When I have a ticket/issue that is transitioned to a new status after it's been approved, the transitions for the status updates correctly, but when I click on the status button it still shows the transitions from the previous status.

The transition doesn't update unless the user reloads/refreshes the page.

Before reload:

2020-09-16 11_57_50-[SRV-103257] TEST - Student Form_Petition Submission - mySDCCD Jira.png

After reload:

2020-09-16 12_02_08-[SRV-103257] TEST - Student Form_Petition Submission - mySDCCD Jira.png

The transitions from the previous screenshot should display under a different status.

3 answers

0 votes
Victor DeVore September 22, 2020

Hi All,

Just an update, Atlassian confirmed this is a bug.  For those also experiencing this they referenced two existing bugs:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75145

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71849

You can refresh the page or turn off the new Jira issue view as a workaround.

0 votes
Victor DeVore September 18, 2020

Hi just a quick update.  I submitted this as a bug too.

This happens with any status that has an approval step.  So when a status is approved, the status text changes to the next step in the workflow, but the transitions that display do not match the new status.  A refresh/reload of the page needs to occur for this to happen.

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

@Victor DeVore check the workflow of the issue, there is some validators or conditions.

Victor DeVore September 17, 2020

Hi Fahad,

I checked that, there's only one condition and it's this one:

Screenshot 2020-09-17 014458.png

A few things I noticed:

1) It only happens for statuses that have an approval step (approval is set, it's based on a single user custom field)

2) It does correctly show the right transitions after I refresh the page.

3) Other transitions behave normally as expected.

I haven't made any changes to the workflow, nor have I installed or changed any plugins... this seems to have occurred within the past week.  This was working perfectly before, but I've been getting reports of this recently and I'm stumped as to what might be causing it.  The status does update and transitions do show correctly, but after I refresh the page (F5).

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

@Victor DeVore do full re-indexing and then see. may be this will fix your issue.

Victor DeVore September 17, 2020

Hi @Fahad Siddiqui 

I don't believe I can do a full re-indexing since I'm using Service Desk Cloud version.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events