JIRA Service Desk User Management.

Sunny Chopra August 13, 2019

We've purchase JIRA Service Desk license with 10 users. I observed 1 license out of 10 is assigned to Admin user by default  & rest 9 license assigned as JIRA Service Desk Users due to which, we are not able to use all 10 license for Service Desk Users.

Below is the scenario:-

I've logged in with Active Directory User (which has administrator privileges), but under User Management-->Active Directory Server. I can only see "Test | Synchronize" option is there. On the other side, I am logged in with JIRA Service Desk User (admin) where as all options are showing Disable | Test | Edit | Synchronize.

I am bit concern here with the functionality if I delete admin user (to free up 1 license) & assigned the same to Active Directory user.

Hope you understand my above concern or functionality issues. 

Regards,

Sunny Chopra

1 comment

Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

All you need to do is remove access to Jira Service Desk application from the "local" admin user. Keep them as jira-administrator in case you need to edit AD Integration. Usually, you should also keep them disabled i.e. only re-enable before you need editing.

Sunny Chopra August 14, 2019

@Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_ ,

I removed access as you mentioned & I provided Jira Service Desk access to another AD user but it says "Your JIRA Service Desk license's user limit is exceeded. Users with this license only can't create issues until you have upgraded your license or reduced the number of users."

Same I tried earlier, but did not work.

--

Sunny

Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

You are on a Server. Go to Admin/Applications/Application Access and review what groups do you have listed as "access groups". If you still have admin group listed there - consider removing the group.

This will separate concerns - an admin who also needs access to JSD will need two groups (e.g. jira-administrators and service-desk-agents)

Sunny Chopra August 14, 2019

I can see below groups listed under Admin-->Applications-->Application Access

• jira-administrators (In this Admin user is added)
  • jira-service-desk-users 

If I remove this Group from Application Access, then how would "Admin" user will work for Administration tasks like I mentioned in my initial post.

Sunny Chopra August 20, 2019

Please update on this.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events