Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with adding a permanent CC in our project

Naya Fabiani June 23, 2021

Hello! I want to know what's the best way to add a permanent CC to our project. The client we're working for needs to collect the issues they send us via email and they need them to have them collected via cc in their ticketing app (via cc)

We need the best way to do this, I'm trying to add it via custom field with a user field, but it didn't work as I wanted to, because the email didn't got to my inbox when I was doing the tests. I'd better want them to be added as participants.

Is there a better way to do this? Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

edited….

I just saw that you are on server. As such I doubt you have automation for Jira. However if you have any type of Automation or scripting add-on you should be able to keep the same thing.

Have you tried using Automation? I would simply set something up where shoe is created he would trigger can you set up any conditions that are necessary to perform the action. The action will simply be to add the email address (Customer) as the request participant. This should ensure that every issue meeting the conditions would have that customer as a request participant which results in a cc email notification. The one downside of this however, is that your customer may not want to be notified on every single update.

Actually, this is what my boss and what they have requested because they want to have a reaaaaally specific follow up of what we're telling them in their app. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

I'll leave this open a bit more in case there's more info while I try it.

This kinda worked! I'll look more into it! Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events