Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with invalid user email during cloud import/migration

Angela Bohling February 1, 2021

Initially had a report that a user had an invalid email address when trying to import XML back up. Discovered the user email had a space at the end so resolved that issue and did a new back-up. 

Now when I try to run the import, it still says Someone's email address is not valid but no longer lists any users has having issues. Tried doing a third back up and restore and issue continues. 

image.pngimage.png

Users were previously migrated in using the Jira Migration Cloud Assistant and all users are present on the cloud side, currently trying to migrate the data. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angela Bohling February 11, 2021

As an update - I was mis-reading the alert message. We did have an email in the system replies@m.goto.com from a misdirected automated email. Deleting that user did resolve the issue. 

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2021

Hello Angela,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for sharing the details. I searched for errors in the logs related to your site but didn't find anything that could help us to identify which one is the affected email address.

I would suggest checking the XML file directly to search for that instead of verifying on the instance and creating a new backup.

Please, open the entities.xml file and search for the information below:

<User id="12345" directoryId="1" userName="user" lowerUserName="user" active="0" createdDate="2019-12-27 15:23:53.22" updatedDate="2019-12-27 15:24:12.273" firstName="User" lowerFirstName="user" lastName="User" lowerLastName="user" displayName="Former user" lowerDisplayName="former user" emailAddress="user@domain.com" lowerEmailAddress="user@domain.com" credential="nopass" deletedExternally="1" externalId="" localServiceDeskUser="0"/>

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events