Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Customer email permissions

James Bylett November 30, 2022

Struggling to figure out some permissions shenanigans with our JSM setup and hoping someone can offer some insight

We have currently 2 separate projects set up as support queues for different customers, each with a connected email address so that tickets can be emailed in. During testing we had customer service project access permissions set to 'Anyone allowed on the customer access settings', but now we have 2 projects and want customers to be isolated from each other, we've changed it to 'Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins', and have been adding customers by email manually

Problem is that since changing this option, we're having trouble getting Jira to accept emails from registered service desk customers, no matter whether I add someone to the customers list, or to the people list in the Service Desk Customer role, I keep getting 'Signup is not currently available' in the email logs

Can anyone help with what I'm missing here, logically it looks like it should be working so I can't see why it keeps refusing to accept emails

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @James Bylett 

There is nothing wrong with your logic. Customers added to project should be able to create ticket via portal or e-mail. Each project will have their own customers.

So, when you add the user as a Service Desk Customer, can he/she see the project in customer portal and create ticket?

James Bylett December 1, 2022

I ran some more tests this morning, deleted all records of my test email address and started from scratch, this time I only added my email under 'customers', didn't recieve an invitation to join the project via email but assumed that was because at this point I already have an atlassian account registered under that email (though oddly it wouldn't let me log in at the portal sign in page, I had to log into atlassian separately and then go to it). After I logged into atlassian and checked everything, I was able to submit tickets via the portal or email, and add comments via email, none of which wa working yesterday. Could the issue have stemmed from my email address being added in both the customers list and under people?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events