Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue sending mail to Jira

nishanth.prasad September 23, 2020

Hello,

I have issues sending mails to JIRA cloud.I wanted to check if there is any filter on the cloud that is blocking the mail. Earlier when i sent mail to have a ticket raised i got this message - Signup is not currently available. Then assuming the issue was with the domain i changed the domain from where the mail was being delivered.

I currently don't see it come to Jira.I have set two endpoints to receive mail when alert is being sent. One being outlook and the other JIRA.I see mails being sent to Outlook and also the Jira mail id created for the project. But i don't see a ticket being created nor any error message. if someone could help me troubleshoot this issue would be really great.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

Does the email account that you are sending from have permissions to create issues in the service desk?  I would suggest that you check that first https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/choose-customer-permissions-for-your-service-desk-and-jira-site/

1. In your service desk project, choose Project settings > Customer permissions.
  2. Select who can access the help center and send requests.
  3. Select who customers can share requests with.
  4. Click Save.
nishanth.prasad September 24, 2020

Thanks Brant for helping with this.I have granted Anyone can raise a ticket via the portal.Earlier i did see an error and i thought it was because of the domain and now i dont see any mail reaching the queue even.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2020

Can you check and see if you create an issue from the portal do you get and email and can you reply to it?   If you can then I am wondering if the email channel is not setup correctly.  You can follow the information here to confirm that it is configured correctly.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/

The most important one is choose a request type for email requests. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/choose-a-request-type-for-email-requests/  The request type must have a summary and description or emails will not go through.  Sometimes individuals change the request type after it is associated with email and that is what breaks it.

Like nishanth.prasad likes this
nishanth.prasad September 25, 2020

Thanks once again Brant.I suspect some issue when i forward the mail from the domain.But i forward the same alert from outlook it generates the mail.And i see Atlassian mail id in outlook mail i receive.I did cross check on the source and see the mail has been delivered.Does Jira block mails sent from any domains it considers suspicious. If no then i assume its an issue with the source and will cross check on the configuration.

Earlier this was the error i got but when i changed the domain i stopped receiving any error nor a ticket was raised.

--Signup is not currently available--

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Did you enable "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal" in the JSD's configuration.  If you did are you perchance using an external directory?

Like nishanth.prasad likes this
nishanth.prasad September 28, 2020

Yes this has been checked and mails are coming in from diff ids.I have also added the mail id from where the alert originates as a user to make sure i have not been missing anything.I am not sure where i have gone wrong.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events