Issue in Jira Service Desk with watcher

manitgl May 23, 2018

Hi Support Team,

We are getting the error:

The user "mjacques" does not have permission to view this issue. This user will not be added to the watch list.

We are already installed the watcher add-on and rebuild the index.

Kindly assist to resolve this issue.

2 answers

0 votes
DH June 7, 2021

User 'mjacques' needs to be added to the 'Service Desk Team' role. This can be found in the service desk project settings. This is because to add a watcher, that user must be an internal licensed user. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hello,

When do you get the error? Are you sure that the user can view this issue?

manitgl May 23, 2018

I am getting this error, when i add user in the watcher list for issue that was created by another user.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Are you sure that the user, whom you add has right to view the issue?

manitgl May 23, 2018

The user is just the user of that project, and i didn't give any right to view the issue,

And please let me know to verify & provide the rights to the user.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

To let a user to view issues in a project you should give the user the Browse issues permission in the project permission scheme. You need to be a Jira Admin to do it. You grant this permission either to the user or the user group or the user role. It is preferable to grant permissions via roles. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

You can find info on how to verify permissions for a user here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/jira-admin-helper-802593078.html

manitgl May 23, 2018

Sure Alexey, let i will review the docs and update the status.

manitgl May 23, 2018

Hi Alexey,-

I looked into the documentation, but there is no option for browse issue permission in the project permission scheme.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html

Kindly assist.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

Right. It is Browse Projects :)

manitgl May 23, 2018

Hi Alexey,

Now i can able to add the watcher for that user,

And one more issues is there, watchers are not receiving the email notification, when if any changes are done like comment updatation, issue resolve or close issue on that issue.

Kindly assist.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

Have a look at the project notification scheme. You should add watchers in front of the required events. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-a-notification-scheme-776636401.html

manitgl May 23, 2018

Sure Alexey, i will check with this option and let you know.

manitgl May 24, 2018

Hi Alexey,

Issue resolved, and now i can able to add user as a watcher.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events