cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue approver cant be set to Close

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Hi

We have a issue open that requires an approver set "1 approver needed to proceed"

I have added myself on the project as administrator and SD agent and team, but i cannot add the additional approver. I get this "Only agents can add approvers" - I am site and org admin, so not sure where the issue is.

The Workflow is also one that is used across multiple projects and have not gotten this issue before.

Please advise?

Thank you
Yatish

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

@Yatish Madhav , can you verify that you have appliation access? (as in a license assigned to you?)

If it says " only agents can change" that ussualy means you don't have a JSM license on your account.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Thanks Dirk. Yes, that is the first thing I have checked - as I know am administrator as well. But I double checked.

3 other adminis also tried and cannot do this.

Thank you

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Any chance you could share some (redacted) screenshots?

I did find this one that has the same error message but is due to the fact that the field is missing from the screen.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9421

0 votes
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2021

I find issues in approval flows sometimes get stuck, and you can fix it by adding self-looping "Change approvers" transitions to statuses with Approvals. Set a screen on this transition that lets you change the approvers value.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2021

Thanks for this Alex. 

Hmm correct me if I am wrong but it means I need to add a transition in the workflow? Sorry not entirely clear on what you mean.

Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2021

Yes:

1. Create a new screen with "Approvers" on it.
  2. Add a new self-looping transition on "Waiting for approval": drag one of its little circle nibs back onto itself.
  3. Set the screen for this transition to this new Change Approvers screen.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events