Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there way to import Ticket Category to EazyBI

Elaine McMillan May 4, 2022

I use the Ticket Category in JSM for report and filters but this doe snot appear to be a field so is there any way for me to import the values EazyBI for reporting on same in place of using the issue type which is too verbose

1 answer

1 vote
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

Hi,

Do I understand correctly that "Ticked Category" is a custom field in your Jira?

You can select this field to be imported as a dimension in Import options > Custom field as described in eazyBI documentation.

After data import, you can use this Ticket Category dimension in your JSM reports instead of the Issue type dimension.

Please contact support@eazybi.com  for further assistance.

Ilze, eazyBI Customer Support 

Elaine McMillan May 6, 2022

Hi, it is not a custom field. I actually do not know how it is referred to as in JSM. It automatically combines issue types and allows reporting within JSM of Service Requests, Incidents, Changes and Problems. All you have to do in filters or reports is use Ticket Category and the condition instead of using issuetypes. It is a really good way for example to get all service requests regardless of whether they are w/Approval or not and it helps in more consolidated reporting for tickets 

Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

Hi, 

Thank you for the description, it seems we figured out which field it is.

Indeed, there is a hidden JSM standard custom field "Work category". 

CF.png

You may use advanced settings in eazyBI to import this field as a dimension: Advanced settings for custom fields

[jira.customfield_NNNNN]
data_type = "string"
dimension = true

where NNNNN is a "Work category" custom field ID (you can find it in Jira when you open the custom field in View/Edit mode, then you will see it in URL, customFieldId=NNNNN).

After adding advanced settings, select this field in import options, Custom fields tab,  to be imported as a dimension.

Run data import. Then you will find the dimension "Work category" in the eazyBI report builder and can use it in your reports as any other dimension.

report.pngWe added a task to our backlog to consider including this field in the standard JSM integration.

Please contact support@eazybi.com if you need some assistance with this.

Ilze

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events