Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to pull data from inside custom forms and export to google sheets?

Harold Clark September 14, 2022

I've been using Jira cloud for sheets for some time, organizing my sheets by filters and such. I've come across a board with custom forms dedicated to organizing test data but I cannot seem to pull the data from inside the fields into a sheet, the only fields that are close to them are counts of submitted forms and the like. If I could pull the separate fields contained in these custom forms into separate columns that would be super helpful for organizing metrics surrounding these data points. Any help would be appreciated! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

@Harold Clark -

Welcome to the community.  If you are referring to "FORM" component in JSM, then it may not be possible.  However if the "FORM" setup where its elements are mapped to actual JSM issue fields, then you will be able to export the issues with those JSM issue fields to google sheets.

FORM setup/configuration is using the component (formally known as Proforma add-on, but now it is a part of JSM Cloud subscription) which its elements live within the FORM object only if it is not mapped to actual JSM issue field.  The FORM is treated as attachment(s) to the JSM issues by designed, thus it is treated separately.

Hope this helps if I understood your ask correctly.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Harold Clark September 21, 2022

This does answer it, thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders