Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to get custom fields data when getting customer requests?

Paulo Mendes January 10, 2023

Hello all,

When getting customer requests from the servicedeskapi, is there a way to specify the custom fields we want to retrieve? I am only getting summary, description and attachment in requestFieldValues. Is there a way to customize this?

Thanks in advance

Paulo

1 answer

0 votes
Ashutosh Sharma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2023

Hey Paulo,

All JSM APIs can be found on this page: Jira Service Management Cloud
Please go through the page and use the APIs that you want.

Custom field APIs can be found here

Paulo Mendes May 15, 2023

Hello Ashutosh, 

I was investigating but I see no way of getting the custom field data from a request when the user has only access to JSM. Is there any possibility that I'm missing something? Would like have a confirmation on this, if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo Mendes

Paulo Mendes May 23, 2023

Following up on this issue, I have a question about custom fields that are used in forms that are added to the request type. I can't find a way to access those. If the custom field is added to the request type configuration directly, when getting the requests from /rest/servicedeskapi/request/, the custom fields will be present in the requestFieldValues of each request... But I see no way to access the form values if they're in a form like the example I provide here: 

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 09.49.54.png

Is there any way to access the information inside MyForm?

Ashutosh Sharma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2023
Paulo Mendes June 7, 2023

Hello @Ashutosh Sharma ,

Xporter is a Traditional Connect App, which means in order to authenticate with the forms API we'd have to migrate to Connect-on-Forge, right? Is there no way to get form data from a traditional Connect app?

Kind Regards,

Paulo Mendes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events