Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to utilize a name or email address in a text field to trigger emails?

David Meyer September 15, 2020

user picker fields are used for sending emails.

We want to use info from Insight Asset Managment to populate fields.
They say Post-Filled "Read-Only".

Can that field be a User Picker field? I am assuming not for those reasons.

in email format, and somehow send that user an email?
The email address can be a JSD user. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2020

Hello David,

With a Insight Postfunction it is possible to set a JIRA custom field with the attribute value from a selected object.

And when you use the add-on Email this Issue you can set to which email address, for example the value of a custom field, an email is sent.

Is this an option for you? Greetings, Marco

David Meyer September 16, 2020

Marco,

Thanks for the direction.

"set a JIRA custom field with the attribute value from a selected object".
I will have to investigate this a little further. I see their documentation on Attributes/Email. 

Let em see if I fully follow you.
The combination of setting the field as an email address can then be utilized by "Email this Issue" addon to send the notifications?

much appreciated,

David

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

Yes, the combination of setting the field as an email address can be utilized by "Email this Issue" addon to send the notifications.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events