Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to stop users from seeing a project, but also using the user searcher functionality?

I currently have a helpdesk project and I am adding a new project for another department, but when I grant them application access to  Jira Service Management, they are able to view that helpdesk project. Albeit, it's limited, but they can still view everything.. From closed requests, to internal comments. I don't like that... The only thing that I have seen that I can do to fix the issue is to remove the ability for all users to browse the project... Which that permission is required for using our user picker... If I have to switch the user picker to a standard text field I will, it's just not ideal for what I use it for.

Please let me know if you need more details.. I am sure I am missing some...

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

All agents are part of the Service Desk Group.

Make a group A for agents for project one and make group b for project two.

Assign into the role of Agents in project one the group A.

Assign into the role of Agents in project two the group B

Make a permission scheme with roles for the service desks. when applying to the projects then the agents will only see the projects they are allowed to because of their project role.

To add to what @Carla Ann Rowland says, the global permission browse users is related to your user picker, not browse project

Thanks guys! I will try that and accept the answer if it works for me!

I was able to get it so that they can't add comments now by removing jira-servicedesk-users from the Service Desk Team role, so now they can only view. Not 100% ideal, but it's better than where I was!

I can't find an option that says Browse Users, I only have the permissions for Browse Project.

Below are my options:

user_picker_options.png

user_picker_options_det.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,480 views 20 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you