Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to make an issue change the status as soon as you open it?

Hello,

is there an automation or a rule that can be triggered when you open an issue? I would like to set up one that changes the status when you open the issue.

Best regards,
Katsiaryna

1 answer

0 votes

Yes, create an automation for it.  The most simple one would be

Trigger: Issue Created

Action: Transition issue

You probably want to put some conditions or branches on there - if you used that really simple automation, it would transition every single new issue immediately, which is pretty pointless - if you want to do that, it would be cleaner and better to simply change the "create" transition so it lands on the target status!

Is there a trigger for a situation anyone of the agents open an issue.

Thank you for the answer. 

But will it work with the already existing issues?

I need an automation that will change the status of any issue after it is open

@Stepan Kriz - yes, that's "issue created"

@praktikant3  - no, Automations are triggered, in the case I've given, by the creation of the issue.  As your existing issues have already been created, there's no trigger.

You could write a second Automation that could run over a set of issues, put it on a timed trigger (like "midnight tonight") then delete it after it's transitioned all the issues still in the iinitial status though!

Ou, I meant when agent start review of an already created issue.

I specified a trigger of "issue created", because that's what the question was about - an immediate change of status.  Not "start review of existing issue". 

But that's also a perfectly valid trigger for a status change.  How is your Agent expected to start the review though?  Is it part of the workflow?  Or a field edit/change, or something else, like a re-assign or comment?

It is a part of our workflow, but what I want to achieve is to change the workflow status to "under review" when any of agents looks on issue detail.

Just reading an issue does not trigger anything in Jira, there's no way to hang automation off "view"  (You couldn't do it properly anyway - what happens if an agent works off an email notification, or a report that includes the issue?  Or a remote client that doesn't view the issue?)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

618 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you