Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to hide SD portal issues to different groups?

Domhnall Sheehy May 4, 2021

Hello,

Is there a way to hide some Service Desk portal options based on organization?

Some of our customers are on different support packages. We would like to keep all customers using the same portal without having to set up an entire new Service Desk.

I am using Jira Cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

@Domhnall Sheehy -

Hi Domhnall:

Within the same JSM project, you should be able to implement Issue Security setup to control issue visibility.  Please take a look at the following link - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Once it is setup, you can apply the security level against your issues.  This way, only those with the right authorizations (based on issue security level) will be able to access the specific ticket. 

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Domhnall Sheehy May 5, 2021

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin

Thank you for your answer.

Before I upgrade from the free tier, can you verify that I can add individual customers or organizations to security levels?

Thanks,

Domhnall

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Yes, you can.  I would recommend that you create group within Jira/JSM, then then setup security level assignment against group instead of using individual user.  It will make your security level assignment easier and more manageable.

This is what you will see when setting up security level assignments -

2021-05-05_7-51-37.png

Hope this answers your ask.

Best, Joseph

Domhnall Sheehy May 5, 2021

Thanks Joseph!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

@Domhnall Sheehy -

If my answer addressed your question, please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events