Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change a current Agent to a Customer only access in a specific organisation?

Admin Account May 19, 2021

I have an Agent who will now only be required to be a Customer. I've managed to remove their agent role so now they are in Customers list but I can't seem to be able to add them into a customer organisation?

Is this possible or do I need to delete their entire access and start from scratch to get them as a Customer only in an organisation?

Thanks
Annabel

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Emily Smith

with an organization existing and added to a project I was able to click on the company's name to add customers to it.

I hope it is working the same for you - to double check you would need to click on the "..... Services" organization, from there to "add customers".

grafik.png

Is it looking the same for you? Did you get it working?

Cheers,
Daniel

Admin Account May 24, 2021

Thank you @Brant Schroeder and @Daniel Ebers  - that was way too simple! I think I was just worried if I did that it would mess something up, but it didn't and all set! Thank you again!!! 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

@Emily Smith 

Are you getting an error or are they just not available to add to an organization?  

Admin Account May 19, 2021

They are available and show outside of the organisation. I just can't find a way to get them into the organisation. 

Thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021
Admin Account May 23, 2021

Hi @Brant Schroeder  - these steps only work if adding a new customer. The customer is existing but just not in the organisation. I can't find a way to add them into the organisation without deleting their account/access all together and then re-adding them again following those instructions. Is that the only way?

ThanksScreenshot Customers & Organisation.PNG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

@Emily Smith

@Daniel Ebers provided a screenshot below of what you should see when you access an organization in the customer section of the service desk.  The key is to be in the organization to make edits to it.  In the screenshot you shared you would just need to click the XXXXXXX XXXX Services organization and then add the customer once you are in the organization.  Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events