Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to add a custom time field to our tickets?

Hi,

We are looking to capture specific downtime values on our P1's, so we are looking to add an additional field to our tickets. This field would need to be in an HH:MM format and has to be manual. We cannot use the "case open" vs "case closed" option because we sometimes have these tickets open for fixes once the system has been brought back up. 

I can see that there are fields called "time in status" and "date time picker", in the custom fields section, but these aren't really what we are after. Just need a new field added for a manual entry for time the system is down.

Any recommendations on how we can get this done would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Greg

2 answers

0 votes

You'll need to find or write an app that provides a custom field for that, it's a very particular format.

I've not seen any that do that.  There are plenty that calculate and display durations, but they tend to use the the same format as the estimate fields (3d 2h 4m for example), and they're not enterable.

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for the reply. I guess we can be flexible on the format and keep it the same as the existing fields, but it does need to be a manual field without any automation behind it. 

Something like the "time spent" field would be perfect.

Many thanks

Greg

Ok, I remember writing an app that could provide an enterable time field, but it was for Jira 3, so there's no chance of it working now.  I can't see anything on the marketplace at a glance.

Most of my encounters with requests like this lead to scripted or calculated fields - stuff like "show us the time elapsed between the date/time on the incident report start to the date/time it was resolved" (and the clever ones spot re-opened and re-closed, but it's all calculated)

0 votes

You can generally rework the custom fields into classes by relocating. You can make a limitless number of custom fields per classification and ticket type.

Could you explain this more?  What you you mean by "rework custom fields into classes" and "relocating"?

Yes, you can have as many custom fields as you want (could you explain "classification" though?), but that doesn't help with getting a custom field of a certain format as was asked for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

201 views 6 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you