Is there a way in NGSD to hide request types from the portal?

Josh Paradis March 24, 2021

I want to hide a request type (ongoing project) from the portal for me and my team to use to track projects. I don't want people to be able to choose this type when submitting a request 

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Josh Paradis

you are almost there - the screen you showed earlier is not permitting the configuration from my opinion, here is how it worked in my test instance:

- From project settings > Request types and there you can select the desired Request type.
In my example "Employee exit". You see three dots (...) when hovering over the very right-most column. From there you can remove a Request type from a portal.

grafik.png

Please check and let us know if this is what you were after.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

@Josh Paradis 

Hi Josh -

You just need to go to the specific request form and click on Edit groups and uncheck the checkbox, so the form is not associated to any group (Request Type Group).  Once you save the change, the form will be hidden from the portal.

2021-03-24_10-59-39.png

Hope this helps.  NOTE- Once it is hidden from the portal, no one can access it (this also means you and your team since no issue can be created using the hidden request type form).  

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Josh Paradis March 24, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Maybe I am missing something - this is what I have on my screen

FdZjYnd

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

@Josh Paradis -

Are you a project Admin? If so, can you click on the "..." to see what you have?  We are on DC on-prem, so it may be different then what you are on (CLOUD).  But, you should still see that option after clicking on the "..." symbol.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events