Is there a product that will aid in the creation of forms that builds menus and utilizes lists.

Lawrence Demers September 2, 2020

I can read code but not write code.  I service an instance of Jira Service Desk for a team that performs numerous tasks.  I have created an interface that is OOTB (Out Of The Box).  I need to create a more robust interface that includes lists and dependent lists. 

e.g. Option 1: Select from a list of Faucet Mounts

1. single hole
  2. centerset
  3. widespread
  4. wall mount.

Material

1. POLISHED NICKEL – PN.
  2. SATIN NICKEL – SN.
  3. CHROME – CH.
  4. STAINLESS STEEL – SS.
  5. MATTE BLACK – MB.
  6. SATIN BRASS – SB.
  7. UNLACQUERED POLISHED BRASS – UPB.
  8. CLASSIC BRONZE – CLZ.

Lets say that the 1-3 Material options are available for 1, 3, & 4 Mount types.

Lets also say that All Material options are available for Mount option 2.

I want to have a list for a selection of items that when populated will provide a list of available options (Dependent List).  These lists change on a regular basis and I would like to provide a link-pointer to a list in a sharepoint or on server that is maintained by the organization/individual that deals with it rather than me or my team police it.  

Is there a product in MarketPlace that would allow me to do this?  If so and there are options what is the recommended? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Nader - Isos Technology
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

Hi Lawrence, 

I totally understand the frustration with the OOTB form capabilities.

For our company and ones that we service we recommend ThinkTilt's ProForma: Forms & Checklist for Jira.

It has a new form builder they just released, and is very robust in functionality so it should cover all of your use cases around dynamic forms.

It also allows you to save these forms and automate their association to issues with automation rules.

Hope this helps,

Nick

Nick Nader - Isos Technology
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

P.S. Nice Aang profile pic!

Like Lawrence Demers likes this
Lawrence Demers September 4, 2020

Nick,

It asked for an avatar and I was in one of those moods.  I have asked the organization that administers and manages our Jira instance to look at this exact tool.  I found two apps that look like they could do the job;

1. Dynamic Fields for Jira
  2. ProForma

but I did like the look of ProForma's interface.  They also had the best video and white page for the functionality I am looking for.  

They presented JMCF and it looks like that is the direction they want to go in.  JMCF will require Admin to monitor an update lists.  ProForma is more flexible where I can assign the lists of parts with characteristics to Engineering teams that control purchasing.  I like this option because we can move faster without the red tape.  

Thanks for taking the time out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events