Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a list of functional differences between Jira Service Management Cloud and Data Center?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

I don't mean the general Jira Cloud/Server/DC differenes, but specific JSM feature differences, natively, out of the box, no additional purchases.

For example, JSM Cloud benefits from Automation for Jira built in, where DC users still need to purchase the tool.

Are there features in one missing in the other?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

@Rob Horan -

@Dave Liao 's link is an excellent references to your ask.  Opsgenie is another element that comes out of the box in JSM Cloud and not for JSM DC.  Regarding to Automation for Jira element (JSM Cloud env) is only for Premium accounts.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

You sure about that?  My free JSM says otherwise, and redirects me to a link about Legacy Automation.  I'd be happy to share it if the community message board wasn't blocking every attempt.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

image (18).pngimage (19).png

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Agreed with @Rob Horan - Free Jira instances have access to Automation.

Of course, the paid Premium and Enterprise plans let you make automations that apply to multiple projects, or globally, if desired.

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

Thanks - I'm very curious as to what these new rules will look like once they are converted from Legacy to standard Jira Automation.  

As far as I can tell there are no limits to how many times project-specific rules can be run, so I don't see any issues with transitioning from Legacy Automation in that regard.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/differences-between-automation-in-jira-server-and-jira-cloud/

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2021

@Rob Horan - agreed.

As someone with experience with both the legacy Automation (de facto on JSM on-prem) and the Automation add-on, I know they'd be easier to edit, and that we get a better pile of automation LEGOs to play with. 😆

This will also make it easier for Jira stewards when working with project-level admins. Having to explain "legacy Automation" vs "Automation" is a chore.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2021

@Rob Horan - FYI, if either/both of our answers help you out, feel free to "Accept" them! I get a cookie every time someone accepts my answers.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

Thanks!  I thought I had accepted the answer earlier, so thanks for the reminder! (I like my kudo points as well)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2021

@Rob Horan - off the top of my head:

• there's a widget you can configure and embed in websites; it's issue collector-esque.
  • I feel like there's slightly more tweakable display options on the customer portal?
  • JSM Cloud has Cloud-powered AI to group similar incidents together, to help agents manage them better

Hmm, I should write an article on this.

Actually, I searched online and there IS an Atlassian support article (updated in March) highlighting some differences, including features JSM Cloud does not have yet:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/compare-jira-service-management-cloud-and-server/

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events