Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit on number of objects that can be search in a custom field

Gayan Gunapala May 30, 2021

Hi,

Trying to integrate new insight under service desk. I want to list all the assets under one field as was used to do with the previous app.

However, it is not showing all, but a few.

Was following this step here. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-the-insight-object-field/

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

@Gayan Gunapala -

From Insight Configuration, I believe the default number of objects fetched in custom fields are set to 25.  You can change it the default settings under Jira Administration > Manage Apps, and from the left pane look for INSIGHT > Insight Configuration.  I am not aware of limitation.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Gayan Gunapala May 31, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin Thanks for the answer. However, I am not talking about the app, but the insight within the service desk/service mgmt.

BR,

Gayan

indrek_orrin October 1, 2021

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm trying to raise or remove this limit as well and I don't see Insight in the Manage Apps view.

Best regards,
Indrek

Like # people like this
TD April 15, 2024

If you are on the Jira Service Management Data Center Application I found it under Jira Administration -> Manage Apps -> Assets Configuration -> Edit Settings and changed the "Default number of objects fetched in custom fields" from 25 to 80. 

That seems to have worked for me. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events