Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a guide to creating custom Jira Service Desk Reports?

Emily Swanson December 4, 2020

I am new to Jira and trying to get some meaningful reports to sum up the work being done in our Service Desk. 

Most of the default reports and included custom reports come back with all 0's no matter how far I go back. I am guessing this is because our tickets don't include the needed information to produce a quantitative result. 

Is there a guide that talks about creating custom reports? I've tried to create a few but all come back with 0's across the board. 

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2020

Hi @Emily Swanson,

yes there are some guides available. A good starting point may be this support article. While it is for the data center version of JSM, the functional basics are exactly the same in cloud.

There is also a guide on service project reports for cloud that may point you in the right direction.

The custom reports in JSM focus mainly on these areas:

• issues created (based on system creation date)
  • issues resolved (system date when a resolution is set)
  • resolution times (time between creation and resolution)
  • SLA metrics (met vs breached for all available SLAs)
  • customer satisfaction ratings

As long as you want to report on those statistics, you could come a long way. If you want to report on other things, some more robust reporting apps may be better suited.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events