Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my automation rule correct so that I can copy one fields values to another?

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2023

I want to schedule this rule to run once, then I will turn it off. 

I want to copy every ticket that is captured by the JQL I provided on the When Scheduled tab, which is: 

issuetype = Problem AND description is not EMPTY 

On each of my Problem issues is a desctiption field with info in it, I want to copy the values in that field and put it into my new custom field , let's say named "X" 

I feel like I am close with the rule below... any suggestions / thoughts? 

Draft.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

Hi Sierra,

looks good so far, but the spike story field will be cleared currently. 
I would recommend to limit your JQL to one issue (maybe a new one for testing) and check the execution results, before running the rule against all issues.

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2023

Hi Kai, right I don't want that field to be cleared out necessarily, it is a new field that I just created so not that concerned with it having any values.

I agree with testing it on one issue, I'm going to do that. 

I wonder if it says that field will be cleared because it is in fact going to put the description field value in it .. like I want. 

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2023

I changed my JQL to issuetype = Problem AND description is not EMPTY AND issuekey = SL-14628 and ran it. 

I want the field "Each spike story needs to be clearly defined and can only be one topic (even if there are multiple instances of it)." to have the Description's value copied over into it but my rule isn't doing that for me. 

The audit log says NO ACTIONS PERFORMED

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2023

Smart.pngI accomplished this by adding in a smart value. Thanks for the conversation! 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events