Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set "Customer request type" while cloning an issue?

Alexander November 6, 2020

Hi, 

Our users have recurring issues with similar due dates every month. For example: due date is always on the 10th every month. I have created an automation rule that clones the issue on transition from In progress -> Done and sets due date + 1 month.

The automation works well, but the cloned issues are missing the "customer request type" from the previous issue. I can't add this step in the automation rule "since Jira Service Desk does not provide an API for this".

Is it possible to solve my problem in some other way? 

Regards,

Alex

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2020

Hello Alex,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The Automation (former Automation for Jira) has a limitation when it comes to Request type as you mentioned. 

In this case, while this functionality is not implemented, the workaround would be using the Legacy Automation, where there is an action to update the request type.

I tested here creating a simple automation to clone an issue and the request type is empty on the cloned ticket, the same as you mentioned that happens on your site, but using the rule below, it will update the field as soon as the cloned ticket is created:

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 13.57.54.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Alexander November 10, 2020

Hello Angélica,

I tried your solution and it works fine, thank you!

Regards,

Alex

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders