Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to send values from a read only field to a Select List(single choice)?

j.k.garcia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2023

Currently we are working on migration. We need to update the field called TeamName which is a Select List (single choice) field type since a read only field called NewTeamName.
We want when a NewTeamName appears on the corresponding field, the new value could be added automatically to the TeamName field and the new name also added to the possible options in the list. Besides, we need to use Script runner app. 

Is there an option to do this with Script runner? In case of not, Is there any other option to do this?

I really appreciate your help. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2023

Hi @j.k.garcia ,

I'm not sure I understand the question correctly, but is this what you're trying to achieve:

• Read values from NewTeamName (read-only) and copy them into TeamName (Select List)
  • And you're looking to do this only via Scriptrunner? 

Please can you confirm the above is what you're trying to achieve, also, are you open to trying out Jira Automation instead of Scriptrunner?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events