Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to limit custom fields shown in portal, depending on organization submitting?

Mark Ellis November 30, 2022

We have the need to support multiple "Organizations" within 1 Jira Service Desk. I have our JSM currently configured as multiple projects to enable the possibility of using different custom fields for each portal, but this is already becoming too much for agents to have to keep an eye on multiple desks.

Each Organization has it's own clients, including our own internal Org, and every customer needs to let us know which client (according to their Org) the request is related to. I have a custom field for each Org, listing only their clients, and this is a required selection.

Is it possible to show the correct custom field to only the correct Org so they are not able to see each other's clients? The custom fields look are Internal Org Clients, External Org 1 Clients, External Org 2 Clients

Looks like
Internal Org
- Client a
- Client b
- Client c
External Org 1
- Client a
- Client b
- Client c
- Client d
External Org 2
- Client a
- Client b

If External Org 1 customer submits, they should only be able to select from External Org 1 Clients dropdown

By the way, I was told by an Atlassian rep that this is possible, but I've searched the forums and I don't see a way to do this.

How have others solved this?

Thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Ellis November 30, 2022

This answer indicates it IS NOT possible via Request Types, so looking forward to hearing other ideas/solutions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events