Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to hide the SSO for customers and only allow certain groups to be able to view SSO

Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2023

Hey community!

I'm currently working for a client on DC and they have just enabled SSO on their instance. I'm currently wondering if it's possible to restrict the ability to view the SSO banner when logging on for new customers as my client only wants our internal users to be able to view the SSO banner?

I'm unsure if any other marketplace apps exist or if there is a simple workaround for this matter? Any help / advise will help! :)

Also this is my first post so be nice ;) 

Kind Regards,

Ashley 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2023

Hi @Ashley Hudson 

Can you clarify what you mean by SSO banner? Perhaps a screenshot would help :)

I assume you only want internal users - i.e those who have site access - to see the banner? Whilst external customers would not see it?

Ste

Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2023

Hey @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

Thanks for getting back to me on this topic! So “banner” perhaps wasn’t the correct term that I was looking for, but essentially it’s the button in the login screen for JSM?

And yes that’s right, we only want internal users to have this visible and to have external customers only see login via email and pass?

I’m not sure if this can be restricted based on user groups or permissions but I’d love to know if I have any customisation opportunity here! :) 

Kind Regards,

Ashley Hudson

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

Hi @Ashley Hudson 

It might be possible - it's not something you can do natively though as far as I know, it would require customisation of that specific screen/URL.

Bearing in mind that the user has not logged in at that point, you'd need some unique identifier to clarify if the user is internal or external - does a parameter like this exist? For example, IPs? VPN connections? Etc.

Ste

Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2023

Heya @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

So in terms of a unique parameter, there currently is not anything configured to uniquely identify the users? We could perhaps use the VPN connection to configure this but I'd love to firstly understand what you are thinking for the solution as I'm unaware of the process of customisation based on login screens via the JSM portal and how to go about that?

I was also perhaps wondering if there is a marketplace app that facilitates this customisation? If so that might be another work around to explore?

Kind Regards,

Ashley Hudson

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2023

Hi @Ashley Hudson 

I've done some research in relation to this, and not found a "pre-built" solution for this unfortunately.

You could certainly look for an App that might help on the Marketplace - or you might need to consider whether a custom build would work here - for example...

• Identify the user using a unique parameter
  • If user is internal, redirect them to a custom SSO/platform login page (separate to the main portal), that then redirects back to the portal
  • If user is external, direct them to the standard portal login page

Ste

Like Ashley Hudson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events