Is it possible to have a Service Request open an external link rather than creating a ticket?

Lennon Chapman November 20, 2020

Hi all,

Currently we use a system where New Starter requests automatically open into a Microsoft Forms page where users submit the required information and then we receive everything required for the new starter via email. We would like to do something similar with Jira, however I cannot see ways of allowing questions with multiple custom configured checkboxes etc. and the MS Form is very easy to manage and update as required.

Please could you advise if it would be possible to make a Request Type where the ticket links out to an external URL rather than creating a ticket itself? Or if that is not possible, any in depth resources on creating custom fields to replicate this MS Form?

Many Thanks,

Lennon

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lennon Chapman November 20, 2020

Never mind I figured out the custom fields and it is easier than I first thought! :)

0 votes
Steffen Schmid April 14, 2021

Hi, could you please explain what steps you exactly did to get the solution?

I would like to have different request types but not all af them should create a Jira ticket.

For example the request types "Technical support" and "Report a bug" should create a ticket, but the request type "Suggest a new featuere" must refer to a different URL (outside of Jira) beacause we use a different solution for new features. Do you know if this is possible? 

Thanks!

Lennon Chapman October 29, 2021

Hi,

I didn't find a way to make the ticket up to an external URL unfortunately, I migrated our external form into Jira with custom fields.

Personally after using Jira SM my suggestion would be to let people log a ticket for "Suggest a new feature" but set up an automation to resolve the ticket and email those request to the external solution or someone who could log it on there on the users behalf. Not the most elegant solution though.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events