Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to export commentary with service desk tickets to excel?

Karen Stephen September 11, 2020

One of our clients requires an export of service desk tickets along with any commentary on those tickets (in the activity feed). We can easily export tickets to excel, but I have not been able to pull the commentary into export.  Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Hi @Karen Stephen 

It is not possible to export comments on the Excel export.  What you could do is export the data as an XML file then import into Excel.

Regards, Liam

Karen Stephen September 21, 2020

Thank you Liam- that's helpful to know. Appreciate the response!

Karen

0 votes
Eashwer Iyer October 28, 2022

I dont know if the community has found the quality of the EXPORT with comments to be a little dubious though.

What I mean is:

When I export the records using the option (Export RSS with comments), Number of rows exported by JIRA XML export is fewer than the actual #of rows.

Also noticed that not all the comments are exported out. Many of them are, but some are not. This is as of Oct 28, 2022.

Feel free to comment on the quality aspect. I may even provide the proof to Atlassian by opening a support ticket/request to further investigate this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events