Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to configure two customer portal on Service Desk?

bete.lopes December 11, 2020

I am configuring many projects on Service Desk, I would like show the requests to customer after the quality tests. I don't know how to organize this projects to:
1. customers view only requests that was tested;
2. owners view their projects and test to aprove the publication; 

Thanks for answers or any new ideas.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2020

Hello Bete,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When a customer creates a ticket via email or portal they will automatically have permission to view the ticket.

What makes a ticket visible in the portal and also triggers notifications is the Request type. 

1. customers view only requests that was tested;

In this case, if you don't want to show the progress to the customer, you can remove them from the ticket (remove the reporter), so they won't have permission to view the ticket anymore and add them back once it was tested or move the ticket to an Issue type that doesn't have a Request type and then move back once it's tested and add a Request type. 

2. owners view their projects and test to approve the publication; 

Agents will have permission to any project the administrator adds them, so it's important to add them as Service Desk Team to the necessary projects for them to have permission to view and work on tickets.

Regarding the title of this post, each project has its own customer portal, but there is only one Help Center.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders