Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the view of an Email Notification?

Elif Alverson December 6, 2022

Hello, 

I am working on creating a JSM project for one of our teams.

They have requested to have email notifications which shows all the details/updates/fields so that the requestors do not have to login to portal/JSM. This is especially helpful if the external customers are creating tickets via email. Any idea, help. suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

4 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

You have two options, you can either add more variables/fields to the customer notification, but that is limited to a subset of fields. Your other options is to turn off customer notifications and use automation instead, that would allow you to add any fields available on the request to the email notification.

0 votes
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 11, 2022

Hi @Elif Alverson 

I would suggest you use the Notification Template Editor, but this feature is included in the SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on. It would be more useful in your case because you can create your own notifications (for comments in issues and via SLACK) and have unlimited automation to control SLAs.
2.png
You can check how it works for you with a 30-day free trial. The app is developed by my team, so kindly let me know if you have some questions.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Modus Create December 6, 2022

If you would like to use a notification that is a bit more user friendly that building it manually using HTML and smart values, check out our app, Notification Assistant for Jira

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

@Elif Alverson -

As stated by Mikael, we use Automation for Jira rule design to send out custom emails to the issue reporter.  In the email body design you can utilize the SmartValue for issues to incorporate the fields that you wanted to include in the email notification.  Here is the reference on smart values for issues:

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

Hope this also helps you.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hello, Do you have any examples for email notifications only include updates from assignee and recorder. Could you provide some screenshots to how to apply them and what are the command lines? Thank you.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2022

@Elif Alverson -

Need some clarifications - What do you mean by "updates from assignee and recorder"?  In addition who is the "recorder"?  Lastly, are you asking how to setup the custom email body example using issue smart values syntax?

Best, Joseph

I meant reporter not recorder.  Yes, I am asking how to setup the custom email body example using issue smart values syntax. Thank you. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events