Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add columns to the My Requests view of the portal?

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

I have actually searched for this, but the most recent answer I found was from several years ago, so I'm hoping there's been an update I just can't find.

We are using Service Desk internally to manage change requests (releases, server upgrades, etc.) All of our tickets end up closed; it's the resolution value that's sometimes important. For example, if a release is rolled back, the ticket is closed with a resolution of Rolled Back; same with Declined or Canceled. 

I'd really like to be able to display the resolution in the My Requests section of the portal so it's clear to requesters which of their tickets have been successfully launched, which have been rolled back, etc. 

Is this possible? 

2020-04-21 10_30_29-Requests - Service Desk - Vivaldi.png

3 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2021

Hi @Esther Strom,

Atlassian added a simple option to the native Requests page. You can read about it here. It's a basic.

For more demanding customers, we've recently released My Requests Extension for Jira Service Management. I'm a product owner of this app. It provides a dedicated Requests view which allows to display more information to your customers. List of all supported fields you can find in our documentation. This list is still expanding! Re-arrange columns, sorting, exporting etc. are available. We're working also on filters functionality (the same like in the server version).

If you have more requirements according to this app, let us know via Customer Portal. You can also find me at LinkedIn.

Cheers,

Kate

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2020

Hi @Esther Strom 

The short answer to this is "you can't get there from here". The longer answer is that there may be a plugin that can address that for you. I had a quick look and Extension for Jira Service Desk may fit your needs by apparently being able to expose other fields beyond defaults to the portal. 

Interestingly enough, this is a project on my backlog for my server version of JSD and I have been shopping for addons like that for my version.

Hope this helps!

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

Thanks, Mike. We do actually have that add-on, but I'm not finding a way to add fields to the requests list, only the request form itself.  I'll keep looking.

0 votes
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2020

Hello,

This is not possible currently, so there are apps for that, like Advanced Portal Reports that we created, you can check it out.

Cheers,

Boyan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events