Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for a Confluence User to also be a Service Management Customer?

epedder June 3, 2021

I am operating a blog in Confluence with a small number of subscribers so they can be notified of changes.  I am also operating a Service Management system with limited users.  Those users submit tickets by email.  Recently one of those users needed to be a subscriber to the blog but as soon as I added them to Confluence they weren't able to post tickets by email.  The log said they don't have access.  My conclusion is that the system is matching their email address to the Confluence account first, and *that* user does not have access to Service Management.  Is that correct?

Interestingly I have the same situation with another user but they were added to Confluence first and then became a Service Management customer and they can still post tickets.  This makes me think it is a first-match problem with the email address.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2021

Hello @epedder,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Since you created a ticket related to the same issue, let’s focus on the ticket instead.

I already answered you there informing you that this issue happens because the affected user/customer has duplicated accounts (one as a customer and another as a licensed user).

If you have any other questions, please let us know through the support ticket.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events