Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Internal Comments being received by Customers via email

Hello,

It appears since the new view was put into place, Customers are receiving email notifications containing Internal Comments in a ticket.  Customers cannot see the Internal Comments via the portal, but they are receiving the comments via email.  How do we turn this off?

TIA,

Sue

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 25, 2021

I wonder if there is some automation involved here?

Hi Jack - thanks for responding.  We do have automations setup, but they are unchanged and this appears to be a new issue.  Is it your experience that your Customers are NOT receiving the email notifications for Internal Comments?

Thanks,
Sue

Jack - it appears this may have been a User error with one of our Staff.  A comment was edited, but we cannot tell if it was changed from internal to external comment.  Is there a way to see if that is the case?

I have never experienced this. Regarding your automations are you saying that there are automations sending emails to your customers? If so, unchanged or otherwise, I would carefully inspect that as the cause. The only other explanation would be that the customer actually has browse permissions in the project. 

Internal comments are yellow when looking at the detailed issue view. 

yes, but is there a way to find out if an external comment was changed to internal?

I just tested and it does not appear that that action is recorded.

Jack - I very much appreciate all of your responses.  Agree that action is not recorded.  I believe we've identified this was User error with one of our staff.

Thanks so much, and have a great weekend!

Sue

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

314 views 4 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you