Internal Comments being received by Customers via email

Susan Sherrick June 25, 2021

Hello,

It appears since the new view was put into place, Customers are receiving email notifications containing Internal Comments in a ticket.  Customers cannot see the Internal Comments via the portal, but they are receiving the comments via email.  How do we turn this off?

TIA,

Sue

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

I wonder if there is some automation involved here?

Hi Jack - thanks for responding.  We do have automations setup, but they are unchanged and this appears to be a new issue.  Is it your experience that your Customers are NOT receiving the email notifications for Internal Comments?

Thanks,
Sue

Jack - it appears this may have been a User error with one of our Staff.  A comment was edited, but we cannot tell if it was changed from internal to external comment.  Is there a way to see if that is the case?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

I have never experienced this. Regarding your automations are you saying that there are automations sending emails to your customers? If so, unchanged or otherwise, I would carefully inspect that as the cause. The only other explanation would be that the customer actually has browse permissions in the project. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

Internal comments are yellow when looking at the detailed issue view. 

yes, but is there a way to find out if an external comment was changed to internal?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

I just tested and it does not appear that that action is recorded.

Jack - I very much appreciate all of your responses.  Agree that action is not recorded.  I believe we've identified this was User error with one of our staff.

Thanks so much, and have a great weekend!

Sue

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events