Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between Jira x ZenDesk

Felipe Dorocinski October 22, 2020

Hi,

I would ask you a question... I read some documentation about this integration and there was written that you can create a jira issue from Zendesk, but nothing about the opposite. I mean, our idea is connect our financial team with our costumer support area, creating a zendesk ticket requesting some documents, etc. However, as i said before, reading all of the documentation i've found, i could not see this workflow.

So, do you know if it is possible?

3 answers

1 vote
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2020

Hello @Felipe Dorocinski

Jira - Zendesk native integration is really good for basic integration scenarios.

There will be an interface on the right side of the Jira issue that shows you to change fields of the ticket copy of the Zendesk side

I am not sure if bi-directional integration is supported. However, I recommend you check Exalate if you are still looking for:

• Flexibility: A tool that allows you to integrate bi-directionally with field mapping (both ways)
  • Comment impersonation: See the username of who commented from the other end
  • Multiple nodes: Connect more than 2 instances if needed in the future

Let me know if this helps!

0 votes
Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 22, 2020

Alternatively, you could create the integration using Unito. You would create the "flow" starting from Zendesk, to Jira. It would also have the information flow both ways if you needed, so its more dynamic than automating it. Here's a link that might explain more. Hope this helps!

0 votes
Support - Leoj Studio October 22, 2020

Yea, it sure is possible

but you have to integrate it by your self, 

the best way to integrate is using Zapier

and workflows are not needed,

If any help needed with zapier just ask

Felipe Dorocinski October 22, 2020

Thanks for answering @Support - Leoj Studio

However, im trying to do this integration using "Zendesk Support for Jira integration", principally because, i might be wrong, but Zapier has an autommation which isn't much flexible. Here, we'll need to create this zendesk ticket only in specific situations, and as i could understand, zapier is gonna create this ticket always when we insert a comment or something like this. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events