Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insights bad import with concatinator

Ignas Selvestravičius June 23, 2022

I am having a trouble while importing objects from CSV with concatinator. I want to import two lists that are referecend to each other, Addresses (Adresas) and Containters (Konteinerio Nr.)

I am using double pipe '||' concatinator, but doesn't seem like working, because values are put together as one long string into Container object name but should be separate values, separate objects.

I guess I might be wrong about how I am importing data, please advise me.

csv configuration.pnghow values are imported.pngcontainers import mapping.jpgaddresses import mapping.jpgcsv example.pngimport errors.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrea
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2022

Hi @Ignas Selvestravičius

The concatenator you specified is used when you want to join multiple columns in your CSV into one attribute in Insight. Instead, it looks like you want the opposite, to split one column in your CSV into multiple values in Insight. Is that correct?

If so, you don't need to specify a concatenator.

Instead, you need to update your IQL to the following:

"Priskirti  konteineriai" IN (${Priskirti  konteineriai${0}})

The documentation for this can be found here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-attributes-and-references-from-your-data/

If you want to create multiple references from a single field in your data source, use double pipes “||” (CSV or JSON format) or a comma “,” (JSON format only) to separate multiple values.

If you are mapping multiple references from the data, enter Label IN (${Locator${0}}) where Locator is replaced by the name of the Locator.

I hope this helps to solve your problem!

Best,

Andrea

Ignas Selvestravičius June 27, 2022

thank you for advising me :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS