Insight scheduled trigger automation with IQL condition

Kerli Loopman June 28, 2022

Is it possible to create automation with scheduled trigger and a condition set with IQL?

For some reason when I set up automation with scheduled trigger and add a condition, it only allows me to use insight object picker fields on jira issues but if I want to set IQL, it is not possible as it's area is disabled.

Is there any workaround? 

For example:

Trigger daily: 

Every day 9:00 AM

IQL condition: 

objecttype = xx and Date = today() 

Action: 

send email

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

Hey @Kerli Loopman

Are you using automation rules within a project? Or are you using insight automation functionality?
If not, have you tried using the built in automation for Insight? It should be possible to use IQL within an Insight specific automation. 

I think this link may be of some help: Get started with Insight in Jira Service Management 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or details to add. 

Thanks,
Brittany

Kerli Loopman June 28, 2022

Hi! I tried to do it with Global Automation, not project based. 

I can see Insight triggers but this doesn't meet my needs as it is only triggered when an object is added, edited or deleted but I want the automation to be triggered when today meets the value of an insight object field. 

So I tried a workaround that trigger is scheduled and condition is IQL but it does not allow to set IQL to an insight object but it seems that it allows only if the object is appearing on jira issue which on my case is not. 

"You can perform an IQL on either an object or a Insight field that appears on a Jira issue."

I am wondering that has anyone solved similar issue where insight object has date field and when the date is today, it sends an email. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events