Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight permissions

Andrea Robbins September 1, 2022

Hi all!

I am curious what the best practice is for Insight permissions are. I am a Jira admin, and as part of our implementation for asset management with Insight, I have been importing assets. The management of the helpdesk team wants access to import more assets, and I am more than willing to train them.

However, I am curious from a best practice standpoint, is this normally something only a Jira/JSM admin would do? I'm sure it depends on the org, but what are the pros/cons that I should think about before giving them this level of access? 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

@Andrea Robbins -

Users with the Insight Schema Manager role of his/her schema can conduct the import process.  Jira admin team should be defaulted with the Insight System Admin (Insight Administrator) right.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

@Andrea Robbins -

If my suggestion helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance - so other users with the similar question can use/benefit from it as an answer to their questions.

Best, Joseph

Andrea Robbins September 2, 2022

Hi Joseph! Thank so much for this! I am curious where I can set the Insight System Admin. Is this like a product admin role, or is that the same as the JSM product admin since it's integrated with Insight.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2022

@Andrea Robbins -

It looks like in the CLOUD env, Jira Admins are automatically setup as the Insight Administators (JSM product admin by default is the Jira Administrator) role -

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-roles/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Andrea Robbins September 6, 2022

It does, thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS