cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight - filter search not working properly

Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2022

Hi all!

We are facing an unexpected error in Insight.

In the search for object section, normally you should be able to insert a text and find all object that contain that text.
But in our Jira we are not able to select a whole series of items that begin with the same name.

We are using JSM version 4.15.1 and Insight version 9.0.2

Anyone experience this anomaly or has any tips to solve?

Thank you!
Alberto

1 answer

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Hey @Alberto Salvante ,

So I guess you are using the global "search for objects" menu button?

There you can either do a free text search or an IQL (but you have to select what search to do).

With an IQL you can always do something like

Name LIKE "xxx"

Do you maybe have a screenshot?

Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2022

Hi Dirk!

Thank you for your fast response!

I'll try to make more clear the issue attaching a screenshot. I'm using the basic search, when I make that filter selection I'm expecting insight showing me all the object with that text in the name.

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 11.14.57.png

Best,
Alberto

Like Alessandro Lombardo likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

So for that specific filtering (if you hit update) what is it returning for you? (or maybe better which ones are you missing?)

After you do your query, can you switch to Advanced and see how it is translated in to IQL and post that one here?

Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2022

Hi Dirk,

It's not returning nothing at all, it refresh the page but with the same results that was showing before the search.

When I switch to Advanced, it gives me nothing.

I think this is related to this particular bug:

JSDSERVER-8405 Basic filter search does not work as expected in Insight 

Can you please tell me how I can be sure that this issue was fixed?

Do you think there may be a workaround for this instead the upgrade?

Thank you!
Alberto

Like Alessandro Lombardo likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events