Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight field to autopopulate based on previous insight field

priyanka June 6, 2021

Hi Team,

We are building a Asset management system, where we have used Insight as CMDB to store our data. I have created insight object fields to pull the data using Insight.

Data is being pulled correct, but now I would want it to function in a way If I select Part ID, Part name and Department that part belongs to should autopopulate in other related insight object field. Part Name and Department details are attribute of Part Object Only, ALso the department and division details are available on referenced objects. Please help how we can autopopulate the related data using Insight object field. If there is Automation required, please suggest how this can be achieved .

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2021

In this question, you refer to a Part object type. When you say "department and division details are available on referenced objects", I'm going to call that a Team object type.

The "Part" object type should have these attributes:

1. Name: Default text attribute
  2. Part ID: Text attribute
  3. Team: Object (Team) attribute: (I suggest setting the minimum cardinality for this attribute to 1 to make this field required)

The Team object type should have these attributes:

1. Department: Text attribute
  2. Division: Text attribute

You should have these custom fields:

1. Part: Insight object/s field.
  2. Part Team: Insight object/s field.
  3. Part ID: Text (single-line) field.
  4. Part name: Text (single-line) field.
  5. Department: Text (single-line) field.

You will need to use an automation to autopopulate these fields. The automation should be:

1. When Value Changes for "Part" field:

2. Edit issue:

• Part Name: {{Part.Name}}
  • Part Team: {{Part.Team}}
  • Part ID: {{Part.Part ID}}
  • Department: {{Part.Team.Department}}

Hope this helps!

0 votes
priyanka January 19, 2022

Thank you  , it really helped.

Yes we were able to achieve it ,using {{object.(attribute name)}}.

Also followed below link to learn ,ore on Insight Smart values and how can we pull the values.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-insight/

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/update-insight-object-attribute-values-using-automation-1072218921.html 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events